Monday, July 21, 2008

The Lake.

My Bebop (grandfather) would always say, "When you come to the lake again, drop in." And all his departing guests would say, "OK, we will." - but not ever seem to get the joke.

Summer at the lake can't be beat. Sailing, boat rides, throwing anchor in Log Bay (or any bay for that matter) and going for a swim, playing at the playground next door, doing arts and crafts next door (usually involves painting a rock), building drip castles, and swimming at the deep end (off the end of the dock).

Here are just a few pics of what we've been doing the past few days. I'll post some pics of my super surprise birthday party later :)













And when you come up to the lake again, drop in.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

I totally get it! Looks like a nice trip. Where exactly is this lake? It doesn't really look like a "Utah Lake" to me....but I could be wrong.

D said...

I get it! And I would LOVE to drop in right now. Muggy and yuck hot in Utah :)

Shel said...

It's Lake George. Think back to Last of the Mohicans - the book and the movie; there are forts on either end, Fort Ticonderoga and Fort William Henry. The British and the French and the indians had a heck of a time here long ago. The lake is 32 mi. long, and runs north/south, and is in the Adirondack Mountains.

And the good weather seems to have left with Paul. It is raining cats and dogs! Like 3-4 inches already today and possibly 7 by this time tomorrow. With only a few days left here, we have plans every day and of course they are outdoors. We'll have to see what happens now.

~Nikki said...

Am I supposed to say "I GET IT!!!" cause I do! :) We would LOVE to come drop on in! Love the pic w/ ry and his goggles at the top. GORGEOUS country you got there!!!