Thursday, November 20, 2008

Oh, the pain.


OK ya'll, for reasons I won't go into here, you must know that I have given up Diet Coke. And it makes me sad. and irritable. and thirsty. I'm looking for sympathy. Does anyone know what I'm going through? tap, tap, tap...This thing on? I know I have the capacity to beat this little addiction (I just don't want to). Maybe if I proclaim here that I quit, I will this time. I've tried to get off the sauce a few times before but it never stuck.

And since all I want is a diet coke, all I'm going to post about today is diet coke.

1. Nothing beats a perfect fountain drink- especially the ones with tiny crushed ice pebbles (think Sonic or Bajio ice machine) -yum-mmm-mmm-Oh the thought!
2. A garnish of fresh lime not only looks fabulous- but adds just the right hint of zest!
3. Those 16oz bottles hit the spot while waiting in line at Target or the market.
4. Call the dentist: a sweet treat at Easter I sheepishly enjoy is stale Peeps dunked in diet coke.
5. Pop a bottle in the freezer for about an hour before you hit the beach (or when you bring warm ones home from the market!)
6. Don't drink alone: And nothing, I mean nothing, is better than a diet coke enjoyed with your sisters or a fellow diet coke friend!

6 comments:

D said...

My dear- it does help to talk about it, I am sure. But say all the reasons why you should Hate it, not love it more :)

It is bad for your health, it gives you headaches when you don't have one for a period of time, it is your master and you are it's slave. (I thought of that one by myself) And, you won't have to hear my kids tell you you shouldn't be drinking it anymore! ;)

I love you and will support you in your "Kick the Addiction" campaign.

It doesn't start tonight does it? Just kidding.

Chonk said...

My drink of choice is/was Dr. Pepper. It always made me feel better. I gave it up four months ago.

It does get easier. Stick with it, it's worth it.

Lindsey Hoffmann said...

Oh, Shel, I feel your pain. I'm trying to give up regular coke. I don't want Ethan to get the caffeine when I nurse. So, what did I go do? I found caffeine-free regular coke. But, seriously, I need to stop, too. But, all your points are so well taken. I must add...really good ice(pebble ice) in a STYROFOAM cup is the perfect combo. I will draw from your strength. We can do this together! (Plus it will help take off the pregnancy weight!)

M2QC said...

Phosphoric acid in Coke increases bone fractures. Just here to help. Now please help me quit chocolate!!!

M2QC said...

P.S. Congrats on being the Daily Cool today! The pics look amazing!

Emilie and Branden said...

Oh Shel, I'm so sorry for your pain. I'm such a sauce addict too! When I'm off of it, I feel SOOO much better all the time. Are you still dry and sober? Call me if you need a sponsor.